27 septembrie 2011

‘’The Moldovan tale of an Indian girl’’

Khan Alvinais is an 11 year old girl who is studying in 5th grade in one of the lyceums from Chişinău. She is the fruit of love between her father of Indian origin and her mother a Moldovan citizen. Born and raised in Moldova she didn’t have the chance to see her grandparents, uncles and cousins living in India. I’ve met with Alvina at the ethnic Festival with the title Unity through Diversity Along with refugees representatives in Moldova, the girl dressed in traditional Indian clothing was promoting the traditions found in Indian movies and in her father tales.

You are born in Moldova and you have never seen your father’s country, how are you feeling in Republic of Moldova? How are you treated by your colleagues?
I feel like home, because I always lived in Moldova and I never visited my father’s country, although I would like to visit it very much. I’m glad that I have my parents near, but I would like to meet my relatives in India, which so far I have seen only on pictures. 
Colleagues treat me with great esteem. I was never discriminated, as it is said about refugees. In my case, things are different; even more I have many Moldavian friends. However, I wish I could have a friend to share the same love for Indian traditions, which I ‘m personally in love.

As proof is your clothing. In addition to the promoting of Indian traditions along with your parents through the exhibition of typical traditional works. What are you doing today?
I will attend today’s concert, dancing on the rhythm of an Indian song. I dance since I was a child, I like it very much and I will never stop dancing. And this Festival it is a chance to promote Indian traditions.

Your mother is a Moldovan citizen, did you tried to dance Moldavian traditional dances?
I feel better on the rhythm of Indian dances, but Moldovan traditions are also beautiful. All we keep our traditions and even if we live in other countries we should promote our traditions there.

Being in Moldova, from who you learned to dance on Indian music?  
I learned it by myself, following since I was a child Indian movies, but also from my father who never gave up on his traditions, even if he lives for many years in Moldova. My family keeps these traditions, not just once a year as this event, but every day. My mother loves very much my father, that’s why she accepted his traditions, even if she never gave up on her Moldovan traditions. I’m so glad that despite cultural differences, my parents are very happy together .One of the reasons that I love in living in Moldova is that Moldovan people treat us with respect, that’s why I love speaking Romanian language and studying here.
What do you want or what do you miss here in Moldova?
I would like very much to meet my family from India. I would like to visit them or even to live with them. I also would like more Indian friends with whom I could dance on Indian music.

Alvina runs happy to the stage to present her artistic number…

Victoria UNGUREANU,
Student-journalist,
Third year, ULIM
photo: Victoria Izbaş,
Ariadna Ursachi,
Alexandru Bordian

2 comentarii:

Ven Dr Sumedh Thero spunea...

Good reaction about her Indian origin. Blessings = Wish you all the best in life !!!

Unknown spunea...

You are welcome in India Alvina. I am ready to sponsor your travel.

Trimiteți un comentariu

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More